Thursday, November 11, 2010

A couple of library links to start your morning

**My favorite stateside museum, hands down, is the Field Museum in Chicago. I've been going there for as long as I can remember to see the fantastic permanent exhibits and the always-impressive variety of traveling exhibitions. I even got to attend a member night a few years back, during which I got to explore the non-public floors and areas of the museum. Very cool! I also remember that when I was a child visiting the one-time children's room at the Field Museum, my family and I often walked past or through the library. From what I have gleaned, that library has since moved. But, thanks to ALA, here's a nifty little video introduction to their services!

**I've mentioned before that the smell of books can be a significant comfort and appeal aspect for some readers. One blogger attempts to deconstruct what this scent is made of. As much as I love that book smell, I really hope there isn't a perfume in the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment