Monday, December 13, 2010

Looking toward Austen's birthday

I'm currently in preparations for the annual Jane Austen Birthday Tea that I'll be holding on Thursday. The goal is to bring together Janeites, have a few snacks, and share some of our favourite passages from or about Austen. My pre-bed reading this week is dedicated to choosing the excerpt/s that I'll be sharing with my guests on Thursday; only a few days left, and I've still to pick something!

I plan on sharing everyone else's contributions on the blog after the tea on Thursday, but I wanted to give those of you who cannot attend the opportunity to write in and tell me your own favourites. Are your particularly partial to an interaction between Emma and Mr. Knightley? Are you a fan of mean-girl moments, perhaps starring Mary Crawford or Maria Bertram? I want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment