Sunday, April 24, 2011

New Meal: Potato, Squash, and Gruyere Gratin

Last night several of the ladies from my book club came over for a potluck and Easter egg hunt before we headed over to the Easter Vigil. Since my roommate and I hosted, we took care of entree and starchy side. We made a small ham (smoked; delicious!), and we have plans to use the leftovers for soup in the next day or two. I also made a recipe I'd seen online and wanted to try: potato, squash, and gruyere gratin.

Now, the actual recipe (picture at the link) uses goat cheese instead of gruyere. One of the book club girls, however, doesn't particularly like goat cheese, so I made the adaptation. Mmm, was it delicious! I'm very excited I doubled the recipe, because now the roommate and I can look forward to some leftovers. The whole recipe was so easy (with a food processor to do the slicing) and so tasty that I'll definitely be making it again. I recommend you try it, as well, especially if you're trying to get someone to eat veggies who thinks he doesn't like squash.

Our fabulous Easter meal in full:
  • Savory cream cheese wrap hors d'oeuvre
  • Pear, walnut, and feta salad with honey lime vinaigrette
  • Smoked ham
  • Potato, squash, and gruyere gratin
  • Broccoli slaw
  • Bread and butter
  • Crumb cake and fruit
Enjoy the day with some tasty, seasonal treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment