Saturday, October 29, 2011

New meal: Pasta with Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta

I tried Brussels sprouts for the first time last autumn, and I've been a fan ever since. Proof: I worked them into at least one famously-immutable family holiday menu last holiday season. When I saw this recipe for Pasta with Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta, I was intrigued and bookmarked it. I finally made it this past week--it's prime Brussels sprouts season, after all--and it was very, very tasty. You might think shaved Brussels sprouts is an odd addition to a pasta dish, but the flavor and crunch add perfectly to the pancetta, garlic, and toasted pine nuts in the dish. Please give it a try! It even reheats well in a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. I highly recommend the sprinkling of parmesan over the top, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment