Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Good one, Grandma!

This conversation happened for real when I went with my mom and aunt to visit my grandma in the hospital over the weekend. It's safe to say my grandma's comment surprised us all.

Aunt:
(talking about some sort of party or barbecue she has/had)

Mom:
Where did you go to get the meat?

Aunt:
Dunning's. Oh! Now I remember. Amy, I almost gave this guy your number while I was there.

Me:
(raises eyebrows skeptically)

Aunt:
He was tall and in an Army shirt. He seemed nice.

Me:
I would rather you didn't give my information to random men you see at delis.

Mom:
Dunning's is more than a deli!

Aunt:
Yeah, they have the best foods. And lots of cute, younger guys seem to shop there.

***pause***

Grandma:
It's a real meat market.

[Side note: My grandma seems to be doing better, at least better enough to be moved from the main hospital to their physical rehab center. If you're the praying type, however, I'd appreciate it if you keep her in your prayers.]

No comments:

Post a Comment