Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Literary Quote Month: Day 1

"'And now,' cried Max, 'let the wild rumpus start!"
- Maurice Sendak, Where the Wild Things Are

Tonight was my first volunteer shift at the Monroe County Public Library. I spent the first of my two hours shelf reading, also known as making sure children's cds are in proper Dewey Decimal order and re-shelving the misplaced ones. I spent the second hour in the Preschool Education Room, both tidying up and interacting with the kiddies. I'm sure you can understand how this children's book quote could become wildly relevant.

**It's not too late! You, too, can participate in Literary Quote Month! Each day in July, integrate a literary quotation into regular conversation; then report back in the comments on this blog, or in your own space on the web!

No comments:

Post a Comment