Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New meal: Creamy Asparagus Soup

My very excellent mother sent me back to Bloomington last week with a lot of produce. It has been delicious, but the only potential problem with having lots of produce is that it doesn't stay fresh forever. Thus, Saturday afternoon I was pleased to have stumbled back upon Jamie Oliver's creamy asparagus soup recipe (<-- link to the recipe!) in his book Jamie at Home.

I had only ever had asparagus soup once before (incidentally, that soup is what made me realize that I do actually like asparagus), but this was my first time cooking it myself. I must say, one of the best things about Jamie Oliver's recipes is that they are usually pretty simple. This soup is no exception, and it's particularly healthy, too. He says to serve it with a piece of toast and a fried egg, which I'm sure is lovely, but the soup can stand on its own.

So glad one more meal's worth of leftover soup in my fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment