Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A self-discovery of sorts

Remember when I said that thing about how I'm not a pretty crier? Well, I may have neglected to mention that, in addition to being a not pretty crier, I can cry for nearly any reason. Case in point: shelf-reading books at the Monroe County Library this evening.

155.937. I will try my best to avoid this call number from here on out. Why? Because it's the "living with grief" section. And I'm sorry to say it, but seeing a book called After Charlotte's Mom Died just makes me sad. Teary-eyed, even. I mean, come on; add the not-cartoonish illustration on the cover (it's a children's book, after all) of a really, really sad girl clutching a teddy bear that looks similar to my Teddy, and I just don't stand a chance.

It was enough to make me want to skip ahead to the 200s and all of their redundant Bible-story glory. Now, don't get me wrong, because I love Jesus and everything. But shelf-reading the 200s would be so much easier if each Bible story didn't have its own, thin volume (multiplied by at least 5 because all the publishers want in on that market). I distinctly remember a colorful children's Bible from my youth. It had all of the important stories in there. All of them. Keeping Bible stories bound in a Bible would really speed along the shelving process.

No comments:

Post a Comment