Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Food Tuesday: For When You're Under the Weather

Well, it happened. After months of coworkers and their kids dropping like flies due to particularly vicious bouts of flu, cold, and sinus infection, I got knocked down pretty hard by a head cold this weekend. One of the downsides of living alone: no one to make you food when you're sick. One of the upsides: no one eats your leftovers while you're napping.

I spent the better part of three days curled under blankets on my couch (thank you, reruns of Project Runway, The Librarian movies, and NCIS), and aside from milkshakes, nothing sounded very soothing to eat. Nothing, that is, until I thought about this delicious, creamy, subtly flavored polenta I first made a while back (the recipe is toward the bottom). I made it--very simple, even a sick person can handle five minutes at the stove--and what do you know, the world seemed just a little bit better. I highly recommend a bowl of something as smooth and comforting the next time you fall ill.

1 comment: