Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Food Tuesday: Super Bowl Dips

I was planning to write about this deliciously savory hot caramelized onion dip with bacon and gruyere, which I serve with naked pita chips (that's what the bag says!). It's a great dip for parties; French-Canadian-themed Thanksgivings, for example, or more recently, Super Bowl parties. But then, as I was thinking about writing about this dip, the analogy of the Super Bowl helped me to realize something--my dip was the Patriots, and my friend Maggie's dip was the Giants. Obviously, her dip won.

Her dip was light and fresh and cool and, according to her, very simple to make. I haven't gotten her recipe yet, but I think I can narrate some differences from this linked recipe for black bean dip. Instead of lime juice, she uses lemon; instead of cutting vegetables herself, she uses the pico de gallo mix in the produce department of the grocery store; and she adds at least another avocado. The result, eaten on tortilla chips, is a great dip for pretty much any dip-worthy occasion I can think of. Try it the next time you need a dip or hors d'oeuvre!

No comments:

Post a Comment