Sunday, January 22, 2012

Last Week at the Library: A Visit from Max

On Wednesday night, Max from Rosemary Wells's well-loved Max and Ruby books stopped by my library!


I tacked Max's visit onto one of my newer programs, a monthly Evening Family Story Time. I planned a few books to share with the audience, and then I had Max coloring sheets and color-able bookmarks set out for kids to work on while they waited their turns to meet Max. I expected a good crowd to show up, but I was blown away by the 147 people--kids and their adults--who crammed into my program room for the event. The kids got to giggling at Max's antics in the book Max Cleans Up, and it was great to have an audience that large really engaged in a story.

The highlight of the event, though, was definitely when Max walked into the room and sat down to meet the kids. Suffice it to say that there were bunny high-fives and bunny hugs in great numbers. Meet Max was definitely a successful program, and it'll be a while before any Max and Ruby books are lingering on my picture book shelves again.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! We had a visit from Max at my library (well, my old library. I work at a different branch now) last year, and he is one well-loved bunny.

    Never underestimate celebrity appeal :)

    ReplyDelete